SNOPAC and SNOCOM have formed a Joint Task Force charged with developing information and materials necessary to allow the SNOPAC and SNOCOM Board and their member agencies to make a decision as to whether SNOPAC and SNOCOM should consolidate in some manner.
The Joint Task Force is advisory to the SNOPAC and SNOCOM Boards. The Joint Task Force has been meeting since January 19, 2016 and is supported by the Executive Directors of SNOPAC and SNOCOM. Since May, the group has also been supported by an independent third-party facilitator.
Click here for a list of the members of the Joint Task Force and the support team.
- No decision has been made whether or not to consolidate SNOPAC and SNOCOM.
- The primary purpose of the project is to develop information necessary to allow the SNOPAC and SNOCOM Boards, and their member agencies to make an informed decision as to whether SNOPAC and SNOCOM should consolidate in some manner.
- The Boards of both SNOPAC and SNOCOM have committed that should consolidation occur, no layoffs will be made in the transition to a consolidated agency.
- The Joint Task Force is charged with delivering options for consideration by the Boards, including:
- An assessment of what the situation will be if consolidation does not occur, in terms of service levels, staffing and costs, and
- A proposed approach to consolidation and an assessment of what that means in terms of services, staffing and costs.
- The information gathering process is expected to last through 2016. Any decision to consolidate will be made no earlier than 2017.
- Member agencies of SNOPAC and SNOCOM will have access to all work products of the Joint Task Force as they are developed and forwarded to the SNOPAC and SNOCOM boards for consideration.
- Any decision to consolidate will be made consistent with the interlocal agreements governing the two agencies
Joint Task Force Meeting Summaries:
- June 7, 2016
- June 24, 2016
- July 19, 2016
- August 9, 2016
- August 16, 2016
- September 6, 2016
- September 20, 2016
- October 3, 2016
- October 18, 2016
- November 1, 2016
- November 21, 2016
- December 6, 2016
- December 14, 2016
- December 20, 2016
- January 17, 2017
- February 1, 2017
- February 7, 2017
- February 21, 2017
- March 7, 2017
- March 21, 2017
- March 21, 2017 Finance Meeting #1
- April 4, 2017
- April 11, 2017 Finance Meeting #2
Joint Task Force Work Products, approved by SNOPAC and SNOCOM Boards:
- Mission, Process, Membership and Timeline Statement
- Statement of Values and Principles
- Communication Plan
- September Member Agency Briefing Approved
- Governance Framework Principles as approved by SNOCOM and SNOPAC Boards October & November 2016
Other Joint Task Force Work Products, shared with SNOPAC and SNOCOM Boards as information items:
- Fire District 07 Letter - September 26, 2015
- Police Chief's Letter - October 1, 2015
- Fire Chief's Association Letter - October 15, 2015
- SNOCOM Letter - November 5, 2015
- Fire Commissioner's Letter - November 5, 2015
- SNOPAC Memorandum - December 1, 2015
- Summary of Themes and Issues from Initial Conversations and Surveys of SNOCOM and SNOPAC Board Members - June 24, 2016,
- August 2016 Project Update
- Call Transfer Briefing Memo - Final 9/7/2016
- Governance Comparisons Matrix I 9/9/2016
- Governance Comparisons Matrix II 9/9/2016
- PSAP Service Comparison Final V 9/9/2016
- March 30, 2017 Summary Fact Sheet
Agency Communications Relative to the Consolidation Project:
Joint SNOPAC and SNOCOM Board Meeting Summaries: